Page links

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Perserverance

SO I GOT A JOB. LIKE, WUT.

I started the job hunt like, two months ago. It was a surreal kind of experience. I hadn't really put forth a huge effort at first. I, like many college graduates, almost had a feeling of loss. I felt like a drifter. I now had this piece of paper that was going to promise me a life of wealth..............er..... or maybe just upper middle class poor? Either way, it was time to find my big girl pants and get a real job, but I didn't really have a clue what I was looking for.

I felt really frustrated in the beginning. I didn't want any part time nonsense and I refused to look at anything in the food industry or minimum wage. I also wanted benefits. My choice were immediately narrowed down. I then applied, applied, applied, and applied some more. Some places had the audacity to say I was "overqualified" aka, "we don't want to pay for your degree." Other places had already finished all their hiring right before I applied.

An entire month went by and I finally gave up. I decided to have a Netflix week because you can only face so much rejection. However, in the pit of my money-less despair, I got a call back. The next day I had an interview and they practically chased me into the parking lot to hire me.

Call me Kylie "Sugar Mamma" Kirkland.
I am now a full time employee with decent pay, benefits, and 7 paid employee holidays.


It may not be an awesome "career" at the moment, but I am so grateful to have gotten a job. 
The downside? I now wake up at 5 am to leave my house for work by 6:30, for my shift that starts at 7.
Here's to being an adult.
Officially.





No comments:

Post a Comment